Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Indie Arts & Vintage Marketplace Wrap-Up

The last time I was in Indianapolis for a length of time it was for a dinner stop on the way to a softball tournament in Terra Haute, where I watched a White Castle get held up and dozens of squad cars surround said White Castle.  So needless to say I was only expecting this weekend get away to Indy to be a 1,000 times better! 

The Indie Arts & Vintage Marketplace is a select group of invited purveyors of vintage, antique, junque, artisans, craftspersons, stylemakers and stylebreakers for a monthly celebration of all things unique, indie & stylish.  It is held the first Saturday of every month usually at the Glendale Town Center in the warmer months, but their winter market moves around.  This was the last of the "winter" market so the show was held at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.




I had no idea what to expect from this show, as I made the snap decision the Monday before to attend.  I was very surprised at all the the exceptional vendors that I encountered.  Everyone had amazingly thought out displays, and quality junk.  There were several booths that I was drawn to, that I will highlight in this post. 






First up is Lost & Found Treasures of Old & New out of Grand Rapids, Michigan.  I really enjoyed Richard's mix of antique Industrial items and other eclectic small pieces.  His collection of Pyrex beakers and chemistry ware really drew me in especially when he put some antique thread inside.





  


Also in the booth was ORTEA custom leather goods.  Jared the creator of these works of art does a fantastic job with one of a kind leather cuffs and handbags!  If only the budget had room for one of his great handbags. 

                              


The next booth that caught my eye was Affair Shake  this was a great booth made up of amazing mid-century mod swanky furniture and housewares.  You know stuff that always ALWAYS pulls at my heart strings! 






This teal couch and red fireplace were super hard to not leave Indy with, as I had already imagined them in a very specific place. But alas, they were destined for a different forever home.
The final booth that drew me in was Jonathan's Fine Art & Antiques.  He had a really nice industrial pieces that would make any interior designer drool.  Some of the pieces I would have like to take home but I didn't have a vehicle or the man power large enough to get the pieces back to Chicago. 

                                                  


This print makers cabinet was in fabulous condition and had all of the drawers I was very surprised that there wasn't a SOLD sticker on it when I walked past.



                                                    




Don't forget the Indie Arts and Vintage Market is the first Saturday of each month.  Make sure you go and check out all the goodies!

Over-N-Out





No comments:

Post a Comment