Wednesday, December 18, 2013

20 Seconds

 
 
 
 
One year ago today at 8:30 am I walked into the Director's office, asked if I could shut the door, sat down in a chair, took a breath and said " I am giving you my two weeks notice" and across the desk handed over an envelope containing my letter of resignation.  The look on her face, I still see to this day, it was a mix of shock and confusion, it was as if the words I had just said were Greek and that this moment wasn't entirely happening.  All in all it took me realistically 20 seconds to get that sentence out, 20 seconds of insane courage to change my life. We exchanged a few words, she asked if there was anything that would change my mind to stay, I politely said No.   When I opened the door and  walked out of that office I felt like a thousand pounds had been lifted off of my shoulders, I felt like I could finally stand up straight, that a breath could fill my entire lungs not just 30 % of them and I had a permanent smile on my face as I was freaking out inside.
 
It's been a rocky road, a roller coaster ride at many points but there is one thing that is for sure, those 20 seconds, I won't ever regret them a day in my life.  Those 20 seconds changed every single thing.  
 
Now tell me what is holding you back, it's only 20 seconds?
 
Over-N-Out

1 comment:

  1. That is exactly how I felt when I decided to close my shop & work from home! BEST decision ever! :) xo!

    ReplyDelete