Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Month of Love- Bulldog Style


Happy February Everyone!
Can you believe that it is the 6th of February, I can’t but I’m glad because that means that winter is almost over, not that we’ve really had much of one here in Chicago but I’m definitely not complaining. 

For most of you that read this blog, follow my twitter, facebook or instagram know that English Bulldogs hold a very special place in my heart.  I mean my office assistant and flat mate is this 45 pound  squishy wrinkly bundle of joy.  He even thinks that he is the Junkn Jadarie social media director...




Their faces kill me, their sweet demeanor and their ability to just fall asleep anywhere at anytime and snore louder then a human tugs at my heart strings.  The way they sniff your face and kiss you makes me giggle every time. The swagger when they walk,  is an attitude all in itself, it says “ I’m gonna do what I’m gonna do because I can”. 


(Pic of Paddy Pup available for adoption and his Foster sister via CEBR Facebook)

I am also a volunteer of the Chicago English Bulldog Rescue, and this time of year is unfortunately the time of year when more people then usual surrender their bulldogs to the Rescue, and since CEBR is funded by donations from big hearted people that also have a soft spot for these wrinkly faced angels, I am going to be donating 10% of the funds from each of my Etsy shops for the month of February to the Chicago English Bulldog Rescue.  Donations like this will help to pay the expensive medical bills for these bullies.  Right now as of post time there are 17 bullies up for adoption, that my friends is alot of vet bills! 



(Pic of Roxie that is available for adoption via CEBR Facebook)


Like I said For the month of February I will be donating 10% of my total monthly sales from both Junk in da Trunk Girls and Jadarie Handmade to the Chicago English Bulldog Rescue, because I believe that these bully babies deserve a chance to be rehabilitated, get healthy and have a chance at a loving home!  Even if there isn’t anything in either shop that you need to have as your own, I hope I have opened you up to a new organization and you take this information to heart and share it with whomever and take a minute donate to those cuties. There is a donate button on the top of the CEBR page if you feel inclined that way.  You can follow along with the bullies progress on Chicago English Bulldog Rescues WEBSITE, FACEBOOKTWITTER.

If you have a pup or two please hug them extra tight after you read this and send up some hope for these bullies to find their forever homes. Thanks for Reading!

Over-N-Out


No comments:

Post a Comment