Wednesday, November 7, 2012

New York East Coast State of Mind





Oh New York & New Jersey you hold a special place in my heart.  When I was 21 I took off to you Manhattan from small town Wisconsin for a summer long internship. You and your make it or break it attitude changed me and molded me into the person that I am today.  For that opportunity to share those three months with you I am so very thankful.

It hurts my heart to see photos on the news of Lower Manhattan, Staten Island and New Jersey look like a war zone.  Being the person that I am it is very hard for me to sit here and not have bought a plane ticket, grab the Staten Island Ferry and go with garbage bags and work gloves and help do something, anything. 

Alas, this is the beginning of the busiest time of year at the day job and I just can’t and that kills my New York area loving heart!  So instead I have decided that throughout the rest of November I am going to donate $5 from every sale in both shops to the Red Cross Relief efforts.  I will be donating all the funds to their “Disaster Relief” initiative for Hurricane Sandy victims. More information on that can be found HERE

This is a great way to begin your Holiday shopping while helping people that so desperately need supplies and shelter during this month of Thankfulness.   If you choose to buy something from either shops THANK YOU, if you would rather donate on your own here is a link to an MSNBC article that is a great resource of donation information.



Over-N-Out

No comments:

Post a Comment