Friday, October 19, 2012

Bridge to Self-Employment

Photo of Old Railroad Bridge on one of my adventures



Every evening, let me rephrase that almost every evening, the pooch and I walk under a bridge and  over a bridge on our stroll around the duck pond.  As I was walking over the bridge last night, I realized that I am totally standing on a bridge right now, I am clearly in-between where I have been and where I will go next. 

 I felt like my feet were on solid ground before and that's the side of the bridge I stepped onto.  Right now though I am standing on the bridge, above the water and  afraid  to take the steps to get to the other side because I can't see the other side clearly.  I don't know if there will be solid ground there to support my feet when I arrive.  

Then the panic sets in, the fear of failure. I am trying so hard to soak in all that I am experiencing and learning of myself in this crossing, instead of letting the turmoil take over, but it's hard.  Transition is hard, the steps are heavy.   But the thing about bridges is that they are meant to lead you someplace not meant for you to settle, thrive and live on.  I'm looking forward to my solid ground on the other side, it will be scary and hard but it hopefully it will turn out to  be one of the bravest things I do.


Over-N-Out




1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying, but if it has something to do with taking a "leap of faith" and becoming self-employed, I know about that. Change = growth. Trust in yourself - if you don't try, you won't know if it can happen. There are NO guarantees on either side of the bridge - move forward. If you fail - at least you tried. You could always move back up here. Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete