Monday, January 21, 2013

The End of an Era & the Beginning of the Rest of My Life






I came across this quote from Vanessa's twitter feed and I feel like it really sums up my life at this point lately " Let the person you used to be die, before they kill you."

January 10th was my last day at the full time job, it was a bittersweet day, I realized just how many lives I had touched by the amount of cards, hugs and tears that were shed.  After realizing that it really made all the years of putting my heart and soul on the line worth it.  I had made a difference, I had made the last years of peoples lives good, happy, livable.  They however taught me that it was now time for me to do something for myself, to make myself happy, to put myself first,  because those people, the people who cared and paid attention knew that things had changed me.    

Self employed life has been so busy that I have neglected this space lately,  I have been busy sorting through some inventory that has been neglectfully sitting in a corner of my apartment, writing out my thoughts on persuing Junk in da Trunk Girls vintage rentals, and attempting to figure out how to get my name out there to start running estate type sales, not just by word of mouth.

So here we go everyone, if I had an adult beverage I'd say let's raise them up and toast to a new beginning & please sit shot gun with me as I journey on!

Over-N-Out

1 comment:

  1. I've done estate sales as a side business too. My advice to you, if you really want to pursue that, is to contact a trust company, attorney's offices that handle probate and even funeral homes. Print up cards for the funeral homes and send resume's to the trust companies and attorney's. Keep your rates lower at first, include some advertising costs in your fee, get insured and keep a positive attitude and be honest. I can't tell yo how many families have said "well, this company said I would make $$$$huge dollars here$$$ - I am honest and tell them the truth. Later to hear from them and say, you were right. Good luck, Blessings from Ringle, Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete